At Halam Church of England primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. All employees and professional visitors to Halam School have a legal responsibility to ensure that every child is safeguarded in line with the schools Policies. We expect that all visitors and volunteers to school will share this commitment
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Acting to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
Child Protection is part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to any activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm.
Our school Safeguarding and Child Protection Team are;
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
|Mrs Briony Dickinson
All school staff and governors have completed annual Safeguarding and Child Protection training and receive regular updates and additional training. All staff are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Safeguarding and Child Protection Team.
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- The Prevent Duty
The following website offer additional guidance and advice;